Dear PULSE® Participant,
Discover and PULSE are actively monitoring the rapidly evolving impact of the coronavirus around the world. We’re committed to our obligation to maintain the service levels you expect from us, and we have implemented business-continuity measures to ensure there continues to be no disruption to our service.
Along with ensuring the resilience of our business, we have prioritized the safety of our employees, participants and business partners. We have planned for similar scenarios and are prepared to respond to the threats and impacts we’re all facing. Below is a summary of the actions we are taking:
- We are monitoring the evolving conditions around the clock and have activated our business continuity and pandemic teams and plans.
- We are following and implementing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization and local authorities.
- Our senior leaders are actively engaged and working closely with the business, operations and subject matter experts to activate our plans.
Standard Planning Practices:
- Discover and PULSE have multiple business-continuity processes in place across all lines of business that are reviewed and tested routinely and also are rehearsed periodically.
- Business Impact Analyses are used as a primary planning tool and include recovery time objectives, critical and non-critical technologies, vendor assessments and facilities/remote capabilities.
- Discover follows industry standards, FDIC and FFIEC guidelines for business continuity. Our practices are audited both internally and externally on a regular basis.
Current Measures and Actions:
- We have tested critical systems and are working with our vendors to ensure continued resiliency.
- Company-wide, Discover has cancelled non-essential meetings and restricted non-essential travel until further notice.
- We have cancelled or postponed external group partner meetings through the end of May.
- Wherever possible we are executing flexible and remote work arrangements for our employees.
- We are implementing social distancing guidance for onsite employees.
- We are cleaning our facilities more often and we have made additional sanitizing products like surface wipes and hand sanitizer available for our employees.
- We are taking steps to increase the inflow of fresh air into our buildings.
We realize that you and your colleagues are likely having similar discussions and are enacting your own business-continuity plans, as are many organizations around the world. We will continue to monitor developments and take any actions necessary to provide the same level of quality and service you always expect from us while ensuring the safety of our employees, our partners and their families.
As always, we appreciate your continued support of PULSE. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions during this time.